Friday, June 23, 2006

I Know I'm Getting Excited Over Nothing...




There used to be a time when a Congressional hearing meant something. I'm not saying I actually remember this time, as it was before I could read, but it used to happen.

I know I'm going to be let down again, but I'm still holding out hope that maybe this time something interesting will happen. It would be like Christmas in July. Atty. General Alberto Gonzalez is scheduled to testify on July 18th before the Senate Judiciary committee. He is going to be questioned about the NSA's domestic wiretapping program, and the use of Presidential Signing Statements, memos that allow the president to bypass laws if he believes they interfere with his authority.

More on this if you follow this link.

-B. Hammond

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home