Friday, June 23, 2006

Bruce Arena unsure



In a metaphor for the way his team played in Germany in the last two weeks, ESPN reports that Bruce Arena is uncertain of his future with USA Soccer. Link.

I'm an avid fan of the World Cup. The USA played like garbage- really uninspired (in 2 of 3 games). I put most of the blame on the coach.

Here's a quote from the article:

"Four years ago I was completely burnt out after that whole thing. I was a zombie for about two weeks," he said. "Right now, I'm just an idiot."
---
It wasn't fun watching these guys play (again, w/ the exception of the Italian game). USA soccer has a lot of work to do if we are ever going to make a run at the Cup, or if we ever hope to make the game a small portion of how popular it is all over the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home